No, that’s not a variation on a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich!
Here are a couple of places where people are talking about the NLT:
- Nick Norelli has a hot “photo review” just out: NLT Study Bible: A Pictoral Review also see his original post NLT Study Bible: Initial Reaction.
- Eddie Arthur has two posts out as well: The New Living Translation and Simple Language.
- I have a picture and a few comparisons between the NLT Study Bible and CEV Learning Bible at Lingamish: Bible Cage Match Redux
- Byron (a new blogger to me) has two posts: NLT Study Bible: Preliminary observations and New Living Translation (NLT) Manga Bible
- ElShaddai Edwards: NLT Study Bible: focusing on historical context (long comment thread)
- TC Robinson: The Second Coming of the NLT has taken the Bible World by Storm!
Tyndale seems to be doing a lot of things right in the marketing of this Bible version. They’ve avoided firestorms while also coming out with a lot of attractive editions of their Bible. The CEV by the American Bible Society and the TNIV by Zondervan seem to be struggling to gain momentum by comparison.
Any other buzz out there about the NLT?
BTW I heard that all the review copies of the NLT Study Bible have been sent out.